2.17.2012

Bon Iver 4AD/Jagjaguwar Session



Since the hype of the Grammy's and Bon Iver's enviable win of "best new artist" my passion for Bon Iver and Justin Vernon has faltered slightly. I thoroughly enjoyed the 2011 Bon Iver, Bon Iver release however I just never felt the same way about the album as I did about the debut For Emma, Forever Ago. But then, I saw today's release of the 4AD/Jagjaguwar session and my feelings have change as it exactly what I have been waiting for. The session that features Justin Vernon and Sean Carey of Bon Iver playing with nothing more then two pianos and their voices "Hinnom, TX", "Wash" and "Beth/Rest" from Bon Iver, Bon Iver. As well as "Babys" from the Blood Bank EP and a cover of Bonnie Raitt's "Can't Make You Love Me". Enjoy!

 - Spence 

No comments:

Post a Comment