11.17.2011

tUnE-yArDs & Pat Jordache - Calgary Concert

tune_yards

Last night I had the pleasure of going to see The tUnE-yArDs in Calgary. The opener for the show was Pat Jordache who I had never heard of. I had trouble classifying their sound; It was this 80s experimental stuff (for lack of a better word). Their live show was nothing to rave about, but they attracted a niche market of listeners who really enjoyed them. I have posted their most recent full length for you to judge. If you want to take a 'stab' at classifying their music leave me a comment on this post.

Check out Get It.


Future Songs - PAT JORDACHE

The tUnE-yArDs led by Merrill Garbus put on a great show. She was engaged throughout the concert and everyone in the venue responded.
When I first heard The tUnE-yArDs I knew I had to see this band live and I suggest that anyone who has a chance to go see them live should go. Here are a couple videos to give you an idea:





- Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment