11.22.2011

Bry Webb - Provider

bry

Last night I had the privilege of watching Feist play at the Jack Singer Concert Hall in Calgary, Alberta. It was my first time seeing her live and I am glad I went to see her. The Calgary crowd kept their emotions fairly repressed during her songs simply absorbing what she offered; people wanted to listen. However, after every song ended everyone offered up their thanks with loud applause and cheering.

It's funny how a mood can be set collectively from a thousand people. Some concerts people seem ready to cheer and be loud throughout the concert, while at others the crowd wants to sit in silence.

The quiet mood at the Feist show may have been in part to the opener, Bry Webb. This ex-lead singer/guitarist of The Constantines opened the show and sang to crowd slowly strumming his guitar with a slide guitar crying in the background. It reminded me remotely of Damien Rice's style of music. I really enjoyed his stuff and am planning on picking up his new album.

You can check out a couple tracks below (I suggest Rivers of Gold) from his new album Provider (Nov 15th).

IF004: Bry Webb "Provider"



- Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment