11.24.2010

Anticipated albums

Personally, I think 2007 and 2008 were big years for indie music. There were releases from artists such as Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, Santigold, Iron and Wine, Lykke Li, and Lupe Fiasco just to name a few. As the next year rolls around it is expected that many of these artists will be releasing their sophomore albums or for indie veteran Iron and Wine his 4th studio album (never mind all the EPs and compilations). This makes 2011 a scary year considering how many great artists have had huge sophomore flops over the years. This being said, any new music is good music in my ears and I am sure many of these artists will not fail to impress. Music is alive and well my friends.

If any of you want to dig deeper into some of the anticipated new releases coming out in 2011 I suggest you head over to Stereogum and check out their list of the 50 Most Anticipated Albums of 2011 right HERE.

Also speaking of Bon Iver, I welcome you to check out this catchy remix of his song Skinny Love by Das Kapital.

Bon Iver - Skinny Love (Das Kapital Rerub)

-Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment